Note to moderator

Note to moderator:
My name is Godgift Emesi (9044) and for my A2 Coursework I am in group 3 with Monica Aghadiuno (9365), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179).
To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation, and ignore the rest as that is my classwork.

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Thursday 1 October 2015

R+P Post 5: The kind of video I would like to make

Concerning what music video I would make, it was a choice between either the genre dance or chill music. Not only because they were genres I was interested in, but because dance music came out as 90% of the top 10 UK singles chart, so was guaranteed to do well with the UK market, and there was no chill music on the charts, so I could conclude that there was a gap in the market for it (or at least an artist that could provide something alternative to the usual pop/rock that dominates album sales).


"Keep it moving"- Empire

"Daddy's Home"- Usher











I liked the dance concept of this video and wanted to incorporate the glamour, in the costume and back up dancers, that came with the choreography if my group decided to do a performance video if we chose to do it to a dance genre style of music. I also like the really quick inter-cutting editing of two different types of shots, which add intensity and more excitement to the dance moves.
"I bet"- Ciara
"When you're gone"- Avril lavigne
"What is Love" - Veronika Bozeman
If we were to do a video to chill music genre style then a simple concept video with either a focus on the singer and minimal background, like in the "What is love" and "I bet" music videos or with a scenic background and a focus on a singer as well as narrative shots of other couples, which is exampled in "When you're gone". I was thinking the central theme of my music video, even if it was a dance or chill type of song, could be on the topic of "relationships" whether that meant heartbreak, first love, family etc. The narrative aspect of "When you;re gone" shows a method in which I might want to use to illustrate this theme through my music video. I also like the way dance was incorporated into a slow type of song in a less glamorized way, which one wouldn't think might suit a a chill music type of song but does. 


"Where are you now"- Justin Beiber
We have a green screen at our school and I thought it would be a cool technique to use for the music video I want to make. Using it in this animated graphic sort of way would add uniqueness to our music video as it is rarely used and would work for either a performance music video for a dance style song or as a concept music video for a chill music sort of song.
"Red Love" - Pia Mia
"Maps" - Maroon 5












I love the slow movement of the camera in the above two music videos as they're a great way to connote past memories of a relationship or to create a romantic ambience, which is what I mentioned earlier that I wanted as a central theme to our music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment