Note to moderator

Note to moderator:
My name is Godgift Emesi (9044) and for my A2 Coursework I am in group 3 with Monica Aghadiuno (9365), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179).
To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation, and ignore the rest as that is my classwork.

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Sunday 4 October 2015

R+P Post 11: Artist Websites that have inspired and influenced my ideas

Of all the websites made for music artists that I had researched, there were only three that impacted me and helped me learn about the functions and conventions that I should adhere to when designing our own website: Jhene Aiko, The Weeknd and Drake.

Analysis of 'Jhene Aiko' and 'The Weeknd' website
As you can see from my analysis of Jhene Aiko's and The Weeknd's website they both have a very strong consistent look and use of synergy as well as many interactive opportunities and purchasing opportunities. This would entice their audience into wanting to buy into their brand and their product (the music). For an artist this is one of the ultimate goals and so is definitely a feature I would want to make integral to our website.
Drake's Website
This website is very basic, and has a simple neutral colour scheme of black and white. I am inspired by this as it is very different to other artists. This instantly makes it stand out and plays on the audiences curiosity to learn more about him, since there is nothing they can get from an aesthetics view, and puts emphasis more on him on an artist and his music than on him as a brand/money machine. He is a VERY well-known, popular artist so maybe not much in terms of layout and design is needed to create a 'star' identity for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment