Note to moderator

Note to moderator:
My name is Godgift Emesi (9044) and for my A2 Coursework I am in group 3 with Monica Aghadiuno (9365), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179).
To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation, and ignore the rest as that is my classwork.

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Thursday 12 March 2015

Construction 9: My technical learning curve (Production and Post production)

My Personal Contribution:

The whole group played a part in all aspects of the processes (filming&editing) of creating the opening sequence 

  • In Production I was mainly in charge of organising shoot logistics (getting equipment release forms signed, shoot schedules signed on behalf of the group so we could take kit out of the school, updating the shoot board dependent on changes made from the shoot before, relaying information to actors regarding shoots and sometimes transporting kit)
  • In Post-Production we all sat together to select the best clips we wanted to use and all did our bits in putting those clips together but from then on since we all knew what each other wanted we were able to divide up the jobs. I was mainly in charge of sound and titles.  
What did I learn?

In Production
  • How to manage people
  • Setting up a dolly
  • Setting up lights
  • Overestimate time needed for shoots instead of underestimate because shoots actually take a really long time
  • How to manage with lighting issues
  • How to contra zoom (although we never used it in the end, it was an idea for one of our school long shots, the tutorial we used as inspiration is found on the side)
Me setting up the tripod
In Post-Production
  • Split screen technique
  • Creating key frames
  • Grading
  • Constructing Titles
  • How to record a voice over
My strengths:
  • Organisation and Planning
  • Using a camera/microphone
  • Setting up a dolly/tripod/camera
  • Constructing titles either on Adobe Premier or Typewriter
  • Me setting up the camera
  • Acting
My weaknesses:
These are all things I also need to improve on...
  • Grading
  • Visual effects (manipulating a clip)
  • Setting up lights (mainly because we didn't use lights during any of our shoot apart from the test shoot because we realised we didn't need them)

No comments:

Post a Comment