Note to moderator

Note to moderator:
My name is Godgift Emesi (9044) and for my A2 Coursework I am in group 3 with Monica Aghadiuno (9365), Angela Chen (9025) and Thakshana Yogeswaran (9179).
To see my work, please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation, and ignore the rest as that is my classwork.

Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Friday 17 July 2015

1: Did you enjoy the main workshop shoot day? What roles did you take and what did you learn?

Yes, I enjoyed the workshop day, reasons being: 
Warming up
Rehearsals
  • Behind the scenes experience of a real life studio set up
  • Close contact with industry professionals
  • The opportunity to handle expensive filming and lighting equipment
  • Enjoyed being in front of the camera for a change
  • Was able to get my make-up done
  • Learnt the various steps and processes needed in order to create a music video e.g. shooting in set ups instead of shots, deigning the set, costume planning, call lists etc.
Getting my makeup done
Shooting
The roles I took:
  • Cable bashing- I learnt how important a role this is when shooting anything. The person in charge of this role is responsible for the safety of the camera when it is either being pushed on the dolly or hand-                                                   held.
  • Dolly pulling- I learnt that there is a lot of physical strength needed for this role and there's a lot of pressure on whoever's taking that role as they're responsible for not just the speed the camera is moving at but also the quality of a shot as they have to take care not to hit the edge of the dolly track otherwise the camera gets jolted and thus quality of that shot fluctuates
  • Clapperboard- Unlike the previous two roles, this role i'm very used to and have had a lot of practice in and therefore did not learn as much. However the importance of the high level of communication needed between the 1st A.D and person in charge of the clapperboard was emphasized to me.  
  • Lead guitarist for band 3- I learnt how to study the characteristics of the genre, rock, and my character's personality in depth in order to exude the same and not rely on communicating the persona of my character through the words of the song, which is what i'm used to doing.

Me cable bashing

Me managing the clapperboard






















Below you'll find a video of one of the workshop rehearsal days highlighting the close contact we had with industry professionals and the fun we had too


Behind the scenes of the workshop day video:


No comments:

Post a Comment